[Series of tweets by Prof. Marc Lamont Hill on August 28th, 2014. Text below.]
- Hillary Clinton offers a statement on Michael Brown and Ferguson. 19 days later. Next she’ll offer her thoughts on Rodney King and Vietnam.
- Despite the despicable timing, Hillary Clinton’s remarks were actually on point. She critiqued the system and didn’t blame the victims.
- Rather than preaching unwarranted calm or drawing false racial equivalencies, Hillary Clinton put a spotlight on social injustice.
- Instead of attacking the protestors, Hillary Clinton rightly pointed to the frayed relationships between police and community.
- And, perhaps most importantly, Hillary Clinton addressed the elephants in the room: white privilege and institutional racism.
- In honesty, Hillary Clinton offered the type of commentary that many of us were quixotically expecting from President Obama.
- The only problem with Hillary Clinton’s comments is that they were cynically timed. She waited until the political stakes were much lower.
- Hillary Clinton’s statement reflects careful triangulation and calculation driven by political interest rather than genuine feeling.
that’s cuz she’s trying to get votes
She’s legit gonna be such an evil president, just u fuckin wait. She’s been pining and planning this shit FOR DECADES.
i’d rather have elizabeth warren run